Group of Pedro Schwaller
Adrian Carmona (Postdoc, 2017-2019), now junior faculty at Granada University.
Hanna Mies (MSc Thesis, 2019), now PhD student at RWTH Aachen.
Maik Selch (MSc Thesis, 2018).
Julien Laux (BSc Thesis, 2018), now at JGU.
Christiane Scherb (Summer internship, 2017), now back for the PhD with us!
Bianca Mecaj (PRISMA internship, 2017), now PhD student at JGU.
Julian Parrino (BSc Thesis, 2017), now PhD student at JGU.
I am a professor in the
Theoretical High Energy Physics group at Mainz University.
The focus of my research group is on physics beyond the standard model and cosmology. We are trying to figure out why there is more matter than anti-matter in the Universe, what dark matter is made of and what kind of new physics the LHC might detect.
Some of the topics we are currently working on are:
- Axions and gravitational waves
- Using gravitational waves to probe dark sectors
- The relaxion mechanism as solution to the hierarchy problem
- Composite dark matter sectors and their phenomenology
- Long lived particles and non-standard collider signatures at the LHC
- Ricci Reheating
Toby Opferkuch, Pedro Schwaller, Ben Stefanek, JCAP 2019.
- Dark, Cold, and Noisy: Constraining Secluded Hidden Sectors with Gravitational Waves
Moritz Breitbach, Joachim Kopp, Eric Madge, Toby Opferkuch, Pedro Schwaller, JCAP 2019.
- Audible Axions
Camila Machado, Wolfram Ratzinger, Pedro Schwaller, Ben Stefanek, JHEP 2019.
- The ννMSM
S. Baumholzer, V. Brdar, P. Schwaller, JHEP 2018.
- A flavoured dark sector
S. Renner, P. Schwaller, JHEP 2018.
- Closing the window for compressed Dark Sectors with disappearing charged tracks
R. Mahbubani, P. Schwaller, J. Zurita, JHEP 2017.
- Runaway Relaxion Monodromy
L. McAllister, P. Schwaller, G. Servant, J. Stout, A. Westphal, 2016.
- Gravitational Waves from a Dark Phase Transition
P. Schwaller PRL 2015.
- Emerging Jets
P. Schwaller, D. Stolarski, A. Weiler, JHEP 2015.
All publications and preprints can be found on Inspire
. If you are interested in doing your Bachelor, Master or PhD thesis
in my group, please contact me (Please attach a short CV and transcripts of grades).
- Since 2016: Professor at Johannes Gutenberg University, Mainz
- Junior staff member at DESY Theory Group, 2015-2016
- Fellow, CERN Theory Division, 2013-2015
- Postdoctoral research associate, University of Illinois, Chicago and Argonne National Laboratory, 2010-2013
- PhD in theoretical particle physics, University of Zurich, 2010
- Diploma (M.Sc.) in theoretical physics, ETH Zurich, 2006
- Studies of physics in Würzburg and Zurich, 2002-2006
Awards and fellowships
- Auszeichnung (first class honors) for PhD thesis, Faculty of Science, University of Zurich, 2010
- CHIPP Prize for the best PhD student in Experimental or Theoretical Particle Physics, Swiss Institute of Particle Physics (CHIPP), 2009
- Honorary membership and book prize, German physical society (DPG), 2001